A MESSAGE TO OUR CUSTOMERS CONCERNING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
For more than 40 years, Chem-Dry has been committed to providing our customers with a healthy home and workplace. As we all adjust our lives during the current flu season and Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we want to share the steps we are taking to ensure that our services are being delivered in the healthiest manner to help you clean your home and protect your family.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY HOME
Clean & Disinfect High Touch Surfaces in Common Areas Daily
- Think beyond just the countertops to include tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, desks, shared computers & tablets, sinks and toilets.
- Use proper techniques & products. It takes more than simple wiping with a wet cloth. To be safe, use an EPA-registered household disinfectant and leave it on the surface for a few minutes before wiping away.
Regularly Wash Items That Can Go in the Laundry
- Any item that can be safely laundered should be. In addition to clothing, include rugs, bedding, towels and pillows. Wash items in the warmest water settings according to manufacturers' instructions and dry thoroughly.
Find more tips from the Canadian Public Health Service: Canadian Public Health Service Prevention Tips
Daily cleaning of frequently-used surfaces can be effective at making your home healthier. A deep cleaning and hospital-grade sanitizer application by Chem-Dry helps make your home cleaner and healthier by eliminating germs, bacteria and viruses.
The Chem-Dry approach encompasses three key considerations:
Operator Safety Procedures
Our professional technicians are trained to take special precautions to ensure a healthier environment including wearing personal protective equipment (i.e., disposable gloves, shoe covers and masks when appropriate), regularly washing hands and minimizing physical interactions. Our technicians are friendly and caring – and your health is our primary concern.
We are asking our technicians to offer to apply our hospital-grade sanitizer as an optional service for every customer. This important service can provide a healthier environment than cleaning alone. Our hospital-grade sanitizers are also proven to kill bacteria. We have been offering a sanitizer service in homes for over 20 years and are experts at improving your home’s cleanliness and health.
Our routine protocols include local operators completing a daily comprehensive cleaning of equipment. As an added precaution, we are also asking technicians to apply our hospital-grade sanitizer and wipe down equipment between each cleaning service to introduce clean equipment into the next home.
The Chem-Dry Difference
- Our Hospital-Grade Sanitizers are effective at eliminating 99.99% of bacteria from hard non-porous surfaces like tile, stone, wood, laminates and vinyl. 1
- Our Hospital Grade Sanitizers have been approved by the U.S. EPA for use against the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19. 2
These products are U.S. EPA-Registered Antimicrobial Sanitizer that meet the EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 when used on hard non-porous surfaces including tile, stone, wood, laminates and vinyl.
Healthy Home Package
Chem-Dry offers an industry-leading cleaning package with our highest level of service to keep your home cleaner and healthier for your entire family.
Our Healthy Home Package includes:
- Deep Cleaning using our proprietary Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) process and our green-certified, non-toxic solution, The Natural®
- Protectant application so carpets stay cleaner for longer
- Hospital-grade Sanitizer application to remove airborne bacteria and germs
Our Hot Carbonating Extraction process removes 98% of allergens from carpets and upholstery and 89% of airborne bacteria when our Hospital-Grade Sanitizer is added.1
With a high degree of focus and attention to these three areas, our team is prepared to help you achieve and maintain a healthier environment. Concern for you, your home or workplace, and everyone in it is our primary concern.
We invite all our customers to please inform the local Chem-Dry office that performs your service about any special conditions you have so the technicians can prepare properly. This includes any concerns or conditions in your home such as current or recent illnesses of family members. You may benefit from our expertise as The Healthy Home Authority® for cleaning services as well as other services. Our professional technicians can recommend the best services and overall solution for your specific situation.
UPDATES, INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- Current situation
- Canadian Government response
- Reduce the Spread of COVID-19. Wash your hands regularly. Public Health Agency of Canada Recommendations
- Watch this video from Business Insider which is a helpful overview of what the symptoms of COVID-19 look like day-to-day:
A healthy team is also important at Chem-Dry. We are asking our team members in our locations across the country and in our corporate offices to take proper measures to minimize risk, including personal care and protection, and to stay home if/when they feel ill until they recover completely.
Note that Chem-Dry technicians are experts in cleaning surfaces in both residential and commercial environments. Some of the nation’s top retailers and offices trust Chem-Dry to help them maintain a healthier environment for their employees and customers. Whether it’s your home or business, you can be confident in our professional team of Healthy Home experts.
1Based on results of studies conducted by independent laboratories of Chem-Dry’s Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. All bacteria results include use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple homes. Hard surface bacteria tests were based on independent lab testing associated with U.S. EPA registration #s 84683-3-74771 and 70385-6; sealed stone and VCT surfaces were evaluated and bacteria tested include salmonella, influenza and E. coli.
2Our sanitizers associated with U.S. EPA registration #s 84683-3-74771 and 70385-6 have been approved by the EPA for use against the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.